This post is about a couple of beauty products I’ve tried out recently, and unfortunately was disappointed. These opinions are strictly my own and that does not mean that the product will be the same for everyone else. At the end of the day it’s your decision whether you want to purchase them for yourself and see how they work for you. Each person is different and all products work differently. So to begin…
1. Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner : I did not like this product because it was rather difficult to work with. First, it didn’t go on creamy and it seemed to clump a lot. As well, there were hints of shimmer in the gel which was not indicated on the packaging, and I could not tell otherwise since it was closed off. I wanted pure black gel liner, no shimmer what so ever.
2. Maybelline Baby Lips (Pink Punch): Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the scent of the baby lips at all. It felt very plastic and when applied it didn’t do a lot for my lips. I do enjoy the tint that the baby lips provide but I feel that it’s only useful for that. It didn’t hydrate the lips, which lip balms are supposed to do. As well, it wears off easily and you have to reapply the product constantly.The product also gets crackly, which looks terrible if you have drier lips. I’m just not a fan at all. Perhaps it would be different on other people, so try it out and let me know if you had the same issues as I did.
3. Benefit: Some Kind-a-Gorgeous (Medium): (Foundation Faker ) This is supposed to be a light foundation. This product looks very cakey which is a big no-no. I tried it on first without any face primer and it looked horrible, it showed all the fine lines. Especially underneath your eyes. Then I tried it with a primer and I still had the same issues. This product was just not working for me. In addition, it’s rather expensive for such a small product – close to $30.00CAD and it had an unusual smell to it (not in a pleasant one).
4. VS Mineral – Face Power: This product is not horrible, but it did not provide much either. I also felt that the shimmery part was to much for the face, even if you use the smallest amount you looked to shimmery. This product would be amazing for the Victoria Secret models who walk down the runway with non-stop flashing lights. However, if you are going out for the night with your friends or on a date you just end up looking like a disco ball.
5. L’Oreal Infallible Super Slim Liquid Liner: I kept hearing such amazing things about this product. I was reading reviews with people mentioning how they loved the precision, and the grip handle. These two qualities make it rather easy to apply liquid linear, especially if your still practicing the technique. While I do agree with these statement, the only thing that really bothers me is the fact that it’s hard to get the product out. It dries out really quick and this was from the first day. At first I thought maybe I needed to have the product facing downward to let the product buildup, but that wasn’t the case at all. I love everything about it other then the actual product not dispensing out.